Ultrasound is often used to help diagnose unexplained pain, swelling and infection. It is carried out with a transducer or probe to generate sound waves and produce pictures of the body's internal structures. It does not use ionizing radiation, has no known harmful effects, and provides a clear picture of soft tissues that don't show up well on x-ray images.
In Top Medical Clinic, we offer a wide range of ultrasound scans:
- ultrasound of abdomen (liver and biliary tract, kidneys, bladder, prostate and urinary tract)
- pelvic ultrasound (transabdominal/transvaginal)
- neck ultrasound (salivary glands, lymph nodes, thyroid)
- ultrasound of breast and axilla
- musculoskeletal ultrasound (all joints, tendons and muscles groups)
- venous ultrasound
- ultrasound of subcutaneous tissue/ "lumps and bumps"
- ultrasound of scrotum
- ultrasound of abdominal wall/ groins/ hernias
- ultrasound of newborn hips
- breast biopsy